5.11.05

Pandagon: I'll pick up my chicken wing at the back door, Massa George

What amazes me about this story is not that it happened - I'm getting used to seeing the White House managing to neatly put both its feet into its mouth on various PR stunts - it's the fact that, apparently, nobody saw it coming.

Does the WH not employ people for this kind of thing? Y'know, people to say things like "Hey, locking this cafeteria when we're supposed to be showing our compassion might not be a good thing, possibly."?

And whose bright idea was "go around to the back door"?

Probably the same guy who came up with "let's turn the power back on in New Orleans just long enough for the President to give his speech, then turn it off again"

In a normal world, people would be getting fired over this kind of thing.

Pandagon: I'll pick up my chicken wing at the back door, Massa George

1 comment:

Notorious Apostate said...

What can I say? With me Bush reached 0% popularity a long time ago. I think I would rate head lice above the guy for the sheer zoological interest. Still, there are people out there (way out there) who still think that he's the bee's knees.
His popularity keeps dropping but I want to see a crowd of pitchfork wielding Americans on the White House lawn. Then I'll be (somewhat) satisfied. Seeing his butt sent down to Sing Sing for life without parole would be better.