17.1.06

Hi, I'm Doombreed and I'm a child

Mrs Doombreed and I went to the cinema yesterday. What did we see? Was it Hostel, a bloody gorefest from the mind of Tarantino? Was it King Kong, an effects-packed event movie? Was it Brokeback Mountain, the gay cowboy movie that has the religious right up in arms? Was it Munich, the hot thriller about the revenge bombings for the massacre of the Israeli Olympic team? Was it Glory Road, the socio-political drama about the first all-black college basketball team?

Nope. We went to see Hoodwinked. Which is a kids movie. Animated. About Red Riding Hood. And a plot to steal the recipes for all the goodies in the forest. Being investigated by a frog in a suit.

And I loved every second of it. It was hilarious, it was slick, it had the guy who voiced Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove as the voice of The Big Bad Wolf.

I'm Doombreed, and I'm a child.

And if you're a child, no matter what your chronological age, I heartily recommend Hoodwinked.

Doombreed rating: *****

P.s. Next week is Underworld: Evolution. Sweet.

No comments: