29.9.05

How DARE you?

More than anything I've read about the Labour party, this pisses me off beyond belief.

Walter Wolfgang, a party member for 57 years, was bundled out of the conference hall by stewards after shouting "nonsense" as Mr Straw, the Foreign Secretary, defended Britain's role in Iraq. He was later stopped under anti-terrorist powers as he tried to re-enter the hall.


Y'know, we used to have a cherished concept in England called "freedom of speech", a concept so central to the British people that it didn't need to be written in any law. We, the British people, have the right to criticise our government.

Mr Blair, I hope the apology humiliated you. I hope it hurt you bad. I hope it reminded you of who you work for.

Somehow, I doubt it.

Story here, and here.

No comments: